Roon sometimes takes 5 minutes to detect audio devices

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 build 17763. Roon v1.7 build 511. Running i7600k at stock

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Network working fine, I have directly connected the device to my Roon server.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
RME ADI-2 FS using USB and Coax

Description Of Issue
Roon takes a long time to detect my device, I also tried using a streamer on my pi but still same issue…sometimes it takes five minutes to detect. Nothing at all in my setup has changed other than the Roon version, the moment I updated it started giving me problems. Roon brings up my libraries stored on my NAS straight away

This is really frustrating as I turn off the pc running Roon regularly.

If you can change the DNS server settings on your server or router try pointing them at Cloudflare or Google DNS servers.

Not sure why it would matter, but my net is fine. My router connects to my ISPs DNS, which is fine.

Hi @Rob_Stephens,

When you go to Settings > Audio during this time do any devices show up, or is it completely empty?

If you disconnect and reconnect the USB device during this time does it then show up right away?

Yes I tried this several times and rebooted the system many times. It brings up the audio drivers and JRiver instantly.

Okay, for some reason I just tried to replug my USB cable in, then turned on my RME, now it’s detected almost instantly!? I’ve tried turning it off, rebooting the system and loading Roon again and every time it works now! I’m so confused… I’ve had some issues before with this system but not with any specific program…

Hi @Rob_Stephens,

I’m glad things seem to be working for you at the moment. If you see these symptoms return please let us know!

Seems the problem has returned :frowning:

Hi @Rob_Stephens,

Sorry to hear that the problem has returned.

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more by restarting Roon and noting the time at which the Roon starts and then the time that the devices are seen by Roon. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.