Roon/sonicTransporter stops every 10-15 minutes

**Intel NUC i7 running latest Roon version, sonicTransporter i5 running HQPlayer Embedded, ultraRendu NAA, Windows 10

I recently purchased a sonicTransporter i5 (sT) and am running HQPlayer embedded and Roon running on an Intel NUC i7. My music is either on an internal 2TB SSD on the sT or streamed through Tidal and Qobuz. I have gone into the sT settings and configured HQPlayer embedded and everything works fine for 10-15 minutes, then playback stops. I can restart Roon on my iPhone, but then after a few minutes, the music stops and fast forwards through tracks. I have to hit pause and then go back into the sT HQPlayer configuration settings, hit “apply” and the music will play again, and then repeat the whole sequence. Any idea of what could be causing this weird issue?

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Which one is the roon server?

Roon Server is on the NUC

Hi @James_Holland,

Does this happen if you don’t use HQ Player?

Does this happen for TIDAL/Qobuz/local files all the same?

I haven’t tried playing anything without HQPlayer. I can try that and let you know.

Hi Dylan, I’m not using HQPlayer and I don’t have the issue. I’ll check with Miska to see if he has seen the HQPlayer issue with the sonicTransporter.

Did you buy an HQPlayer license and enter it into the software? HQPlayer will stop after 15 minutes if you don’t have a license key configured.

2 Likes

I thought the sT came with an HQPlayer embedded license

I don’t recall if any version of the sonicTransporter i5 that came with HQPlayer Embedded installed AND with a license. Go the “About” page from the HQPlayer server web UI and see what it says there.

That’s the piece I was missing. I guess I was equating HQPlayer Embedded being installed on the sT to it having the license as well. Everything is working fine now. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

You’re welcome!

2 Likes

Hi @James_Holland,

Thanks for letting us know you were able to narrow down the issue to the HQPlayer license and that everything is working now!

You’re welcome. I’m glad it was an easy fix.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.