Roon sounds so much better than the Tidal app. Why is this?

Question though.

I was close on giving up on Roon to use with my headphones and just to use Tidal. However Roon sounds so much better than the Tidal app. Why is this?

1 Like

Sound Quality is such a personal experience, I’m not sure anyone can really answer it. But, if I had to give it a go, and assuming you are playing the same music, I would say, like I usually do, “it’s all about the filters”.

1 Like

I believe the TIDAL app does volume leveling by default. If you don’t have volume leveling enabled in Roon, that could explain the difference.

My favorite way to run Roon the way you are doing with your laptop is to install Roon Bridge (will not conflict with the desktop Roon app). I then queue up some music to play on my laptop zone and then quit the Roon desktop (Control) app. With Roon Bridge running in the background, music continues to play. The first time you do this, it may seem like magic. :slight_smile:

This is probably nonsense, but I think I’ve convinced myself that music from my laptop with only Roon Bridge running sounds slightly better than when I have the Roon UI running.

2 Likes