Roon stalls indefinitely when opening

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro 64, Roon 1.7 build 528

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TP Link-N Wireless Router TP-link USB3 wifi adapter; Network is working fine

0+.+0Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

BMC UltraDAC via USB connection to computer

Roon is setup on a (tower) computer to run standalone as complete service. When I open Roon it ends up on the following screen with the Roon symbol doing its thinking wave indefinitely. It will stay this way for hours. I have my music on a NAS and also have a Tidal account.

I have reconfigured my network, rebooted, deleted and reinstalled, verified my firewall is setup properly. I’m a bit stumped on this one.

Hi @Patrick_Brown,

Is this a new install or is this an existing setup? If it’s an existing setup, when did this behavior start occurring? Were there any changes around this time?

What GPU does your machine use? If you install the latest drivers directly from the manufacturer’s website is there any change?

It’s an existing installation that was working just fine until maybe a week ago.

Graphics engine? It’s a pretty old machine, close to 10 years. GPU is an approx 10 year old video card, NVIDIA Geforce GT 440. It’s running QHD to a single display no problem. Drivers are long ago finalized. I haven’t had any issues with the video card.

Uninstalled completely including the databases. Reinstalled and it works now. Go figure.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.