Roon starts but sits at a login screen since latest update

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

mac mini x86 macos v11.0 (big sur) roon build 1.7 build 710

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ubiquiti udm pro and switch 16, everything wired over ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

mutec mc-3+ usb over usb -> hugo 2

Description Of Issue

ever since updating to the latest stable last night, i’m met with a login screen. attempting to login tells me i need a new license, and restoring a backup does not help. uninstalling and reinstalling both core and client does not help, it’s just an endless loop of a login screen, like roon’s settings were wiped, but it still detects my core properly. because of this, its now completely unusable

update: checked the logs, seeing a “12/16 11:40:22 Critical: broo/imagecache: LevelDb.Exception: IO error: /Users/mindy/Library/RoonServer/Cache/httpcache_2.db/LOCK: No such file or directory” line, yet i can see that that path exists and has proper permissions (as far as i can tell, its 0644 and the correct user owns the file)

Hi @Mindy_Davis,

Apologies for the trouble! On this page you should see an Unauthorize option. If you select this you’ll be able to continue forward as usual.

thanks! worked perfectly

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.