Roon starts for few seconds and turn off

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows10Version1909-Built 18363.1440 in year 2019 Intel core 4xCPUi5-3470 @ 3,2GHz
Roon 100800764
1.8 (build 764) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet remote i-pad wireless or ethernet with adapter

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Trinnov AL32 to Meridian 271 (AES dig) > to Meridian DSP
2 source is a Meridian 218 runs direct in the Meridian 271
with speaker link(digital audio)

Description Of Issue
First issue some days ago same as now. Click on Roon symbole, Roon starts(just visable with the “task manager” for about one seconds, then not visible on the “task manager” and no display, no reaction at all to recognize for me.
Tried restart Pc doesnt help.Then renamed Roon to Roon old and installed again (Rooninstaller.exe ). Then it starts, import all music and wait for analyzing, everything fine.But general slower reaction is my impression-no hard fact here.
Today again the exact same problem…
Which version-32 or 64 bit- i have to install on my PC core ?

Please help., no fun.
Thanks Robert
My logfiles are here
my log files Wistrela Robert

Hi @RobertW

Thanks for the report, we’re looking into this and will get back to you ASAP.

Edit:

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling Roon without doing the “Roon_Old” process? Is there any change after doing so? It looks like there are parts of the install that are missing and a reinstall should help.

No, no chance.I have done again “Roon old”. It worked, BUT after the night,PC was swizched off, io cant start my PC-blue screeen. Tryed severall times after “automatic windows repai” it work since some minutes. Will report more.

Its the same now again.
Should i send you the new log files as i installed again the sw ?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@dylan,
This has happened again after it have worked for three weeks.
I don’t like to install ROON again as all my favourite are then gone - IT’S no fun.

Description Of Issue
First issue some days ago same as now. Click on Roon symbol, Roon starts (just visible with the “task manager” for about one seconds, then not visible on the “task manager” and no display, no reaction at all to recognize for me.

Please help, no fun.
Thanks Robert

Try installing the manufacturer video driver not the Windows update one

?? Sorry, why i should install a video driver when Roon stop running ?

Roon uses the GPU extensively, it uses game technology in Open GL

Windows updates recently have overwritten the native drivers.

Identify which GPU you have and get the manufacturer driver

Its worth a try …It’s been known to work, it can’t do any harm, you can reverse it if needs be.

Hi @RobertW

Please try each of these steps, and try to launch Roon after each.

1. Reboot the Windows machine
  2. Reinstall the Roon app
  3. Disable the devices firewall
    1. If this helps, please enter an exception in the firewall for Roon and RAATServer
  4. Uninstall and reinstall the graphics drivers directly from the manufacturer’s website
    1. Don’t use Window’s automatic driver updates for this — We’ve seen this cause issues in the past
  5. Download .NET Framework and reinstall it

Next Steps

If none of the above helps, please use these instructions to send us Roon logs from the device.

We’ll also want to take a look at Event Viewer logs, which give some insight into errors being reported by the OS — Please send those as well:

1. Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
  2. Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
  3. From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
  4. Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log… from the context menu
  5. image
  6. On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
  7. image
  8. Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as… from the context menu
  9. Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save

To all helps here a big thanks ! Iam a PC dummy, so it was hard for me to find the manufacturer of the video card and finally i found the drivers on the intel side. Then Roon starts and seems allright.But the error message, TIDAL subscription invaled appears. Start the PC doesnt help.I can login my account on the internet and see also my contract and find no error.
Log out and in and reststart the PC no change…After about one hour suddenly the Tidal subscription error had moved away. How and where i can avoid that the possible issue-the automatic windows driver updates-will hapen again ?
I missed my Roon very deeply, iam very glad to have it–keep going THANKS