Roon starts messing up the library

Bryan Adams is correctly identified in Roon, but you won’t have his bio or reviews from AllMusic since they aren’t permitted to display his information. He simply doesn’t exist on AllMusic anymore.

http://web.archive.org/web/20111004162205/http://www.allmusic.com/artist/bryan-adams-p3502/biography

Hi @Percival,

Recently there were some changes made here that resolved issues with this artist. Can you share some additional details on what you’re seeing here using this post as a guide?

Thanks!

Hi @Martin_Webster. Roon changes it’s behaviour on this artist on a daily basis. It’ either B. Adams with a lot of albums gone, or Bryan Adams with some albums gone. When i restart Roon it could be different and setting things manually doesn’t solve this issue for me.

Hello @dylan,

Thanks for the question. I’ll try to be as complete as possible. I have over 30 albums/singles of this artist in my library. Today he showed up again as

All the albums i see at the moment are

When i click on the ‘with Bryan Adams’ part under top tracks, i get back to the artist page of B. Adams.

When i search for bryan adams, and click on view all albums, this appears:

I can click on those albums and play them. But clicking on the artist Bryan Adams on the specific album page gets me back (again) to B. Adams with only a few albums.

Most of the albums are identified, some singles aren’t. all are local, i don’t use Tidal or Qobuz (yet).

Lots of these albums contain edits.

• Mostly covers.
  • Some title tracks (to include a specific version name)

Here some screenshots of albums as an example

If you need more information please say so.

I’m not seeing this issue and I think the issue is local to your library. If you look closely you’ll see that B. Adams isn’t preferred by Roon.

So, for those albums identified as B. Adams, Edit album and click on Primary Artist Links. Then click B. ADAMS (note there’s no Roon icon) so there’s no check mark (tick) and click Add Primary Artist, search for Bryan Adams and select. When you save your edit B. Adams will be removed.

Do this for all albums and the incorrect artist will disappear.

Hello Martin, thanks for the suggestion. It doens’t solve my problem. Every time I start Roon this artist is messed up, no matter how much edits I make.

1 Like

Have you tried restarting your Core after making the edits? Hopefully @dylan can offer some help.