Roon Startup Isses

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro, I7 10700k, asus maximus XII hero, 3200Mhz Kingston RAM/ Roon version 1.7, build 667 64bit. Week old computer.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Windows10->cat6 ethernet->asus rog ac5300 router->ethernet->sonore ultrarendu->Marantz HDdac1

alternatively Windows 10PC->optical->HDdac1

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

See above

Description Of Issue

Seem like corrupted files or problems storing something. Every time I reboot computer roon wont boot. I have to use the uninstaller to uninstall the configuration files(check box 2) which forces me to relog in to ROON/Qobuz/Tidal every time I boot. Minor inconvenience but would love to get it fixed :smiley:

Hi @brandon_buccola,

The next time you’re in this state where you’re unable to launch Roon, would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? We’ll take a look at the logs and see what might be occurring on your machine that is preventing Roon from starting.

Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zap8iwk3z3j900c/Brandon_Buccola_Logs.zip?dl=0

Thanks for sending that over, @brandon_buccola. We are looking into the logs and will follow up ASAP.

Hi @brandon_buccola,

The next time you experience a crash, would you kindly do the following:

1. Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
  2. Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
  3. From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
  4. Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log... from the context menu
  5. On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
  6. Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as.. from the context menu
  7. Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save

Send that over via another Dropbox link and we’ll take a look! These logs are directly from Windows and should give some further insight into what is happening.

Thanks!

I’ll get that after work. But it seems it might be tied to tidal login.

I only logged into qobuz and it launched fine. I logged into Tidal and it froze up and then would not reopen.

@dylan

Per my notes above, I uninstalled roon, only the databases not the application, to clear my tidal and qobuz logins. I have logged in with only qobuz and havn’t experienced any issues getting up an running. I have rebooted and replicated every instance it froze before and have not had any issues. Maybe recheck the roon logs for tidal log in issues? I found some old threads but it seemed technical feedback was most of them were isolated except for when tidal a handshake update.

Would you still like me to get the system logs?

Additionally as a side note Roon behavior seems to go into a “cannot play mode” for incompatible sample rates. Might want to make this a popup. My PC was set to 192 but the optical only supported 96 so until i stepped it down roon did not recognize and would just skip through all tracks.

Thanks for the feedback here, @brandon_buccola.

Just to be clear:

• Logging in to Qobuz only = No issues
  • Logging in to TIDAL = Works, but only until relaunched, and then you have to uninstall

Am I correct here?

Yes, please. If you could send this right after experiencing the issue where Roon fails to launch (before reinstalling) this would be very helpful.

@dylan

No:
Qobuz log in first during setup: no issues going on 24 hours

Add tidal in setting menu after initial setup, sends me to tidal website then back to roon and then freezes.

or if i do tidal on initial log in it freezes next time i restart/open.

Hi @brandon_buccola,

The next time things freeze for you would you kindly make a note of the time that it happens and then use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? You can then send along that time and the logs and we’ll take a look.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.