Roon stop seeing my Linn Akurate Exakt DSM system & my Bluesound Node 2i

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC 7 Mainstream Kit (NUC7i5BNK)

Roon build 1.7 build 511
Accessed mostly via DELL desktop XPS 8950

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Pakedge WX-1 on Ethernet all hardware is on Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
KEF LSX [NOTE:desktop this still works]
Linn 300 series system with Linn Akurate Exakt DSM
Bluesound Node 2i

Description Of Issue

Everything has been pretty stable and then Saturday I no longer see the Node or LINN dacs.
I have rebooted everything several times. I’m stumped. And missing my music. Remeber my desktop KEF LSX system is working along with Roon software.

Thanks for your assistance.

Power off everything including Roon Core and devices. Power cycle your router and network switches. Wait for a few minutes then power on everything.

Ok. I turned off and then rebooted in this order:

Comcast switch
Pakedge router
QNAP
Dell PC
Roon
Linn & Node 2i

No improvement.

Appreciate your assistance.

Hi @Chip_Perry,

What kind of operating system do you have on the NUC, did you install ROCK on it?

Is the behavior the same from another Roon Remote/Client as well?

Did you by any chance make any changes to your network setup on Saturday? Are the device still visible in your router DHCP listing?

Ah, would you believe a bad switch? I think that was the problem. Anyway all systems back to normal and ROON running great as always.

Thanks for the quick assistance.

I do. Switches fail more often than many people realize. We even had two of our corporate grade $$$ switches failed.

It appears it was a malfunctioning switch.

At any rate, everything is in fine working order.

1 Like

Hi @Chip_Perry,

Thanks for the update. Switches do experience hardware issues so if this behavior occurs again you may want to take an even closer look at the switch to ensure it is working properly and/or replace it, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.