Roon stopped connecting to my Oppo UDP-203

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon core running on MacBook.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
OPPO UDP 203 / Latest ROON Firmware DEC 2019 .

Description Of Issue
I have been using Roon for over a year now, feeding my library to my Oppo player with great results.
However, as of last week Roon no longer will find or connect to the Oppo.
I have tried many times, tried to set-up the device again etc. and no luck.

Very frustrated, I don’t even really want to start a forum thread to get this resolved but I guess that is the only type of support Roon offers?

The software simply will not find the Oppo device no matter what I try & the Oppo is working perfectly.
Any suggestions?

Have you unplugged and rebooted the Oppo? Checked the ethernet cable to the Oppo, and/or associated switch. Are other endpoints (if you have any) visible and enabled?

Confirm the device is enabled via Settings>Audio

thank you Robert, i have tried both
the oppo does not appear anymore in the audio section, nor will Roon find the device again when I try to add it again.
i have rebooted, etc
it’s odd because it has been working flawlessly for over a year
p.s. Al Stewart is great !

1 Like

Something is amiss. Do you have other endpoints? Maybe a flakey cable/connection?

Another suggestion would be to reboot everything in the chain…

Is your Oppo hard wired, or are you using a bridge…mine is hard wired across the house via a switching setup. Can you use a networking tool like FING to see if the Oppo shows up in the network…check any switches you have, and ethernet cables leading to the Oppo. I’d start by just unplugging them and reinserting them. Power cycle stuff as well.

Networks can be frustrating…

Hi @David_Gargano,

Since experiencing this issue have you tried rebooting your router and Core machine along with the Oppo?

Can you describe how the Core and the Oppo are connected to the network?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.