Roon stopped displaying album art again in Windows app

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Surface Pro 1, Windows 10 Pro, Latest Roon build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethenet cable to netgear switch to Fortigate firewall to Huawei VDLS Modem. Connection is solid 94/38

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
SMSL M500 USB CAC

Description Of Issue

When I first installed Roon it did not display album art, but after trying many things, clearing cache, uninstalling, re-installing etc I got it to work, for a few weeks. Now when I open roon the album art is gone again. I have no local library, just Tidal HIFI subscription. I have tried complete uninstall and reinstall again and still no album art. Network connection is usually ethernet cable direct to the switch, but I have also tried connecting via wifi to mobile hotspot and the issue persists. Have also tried changing DNS setting to googles. Album art works fine in Tidal windows app. Album art also works fine on Android Roon remote on same network

Hello @Dobbo_Wong, and thanks for your report! If you’re only seeing this on the surface pro, could you please try temporarily disabling your firewall and seeing if that brings the album art back? Please let me know!

That worked temporarily, but the issue re-occurs ever few weeks. Have to uninstall and re-install with firewall off, then reactivate the firewall, and repeat a few times to get it working again. Quite frustrating. Wondering if there is a port conflict somewhere. Album art works on remote devices on the same network, but the issues keeps happening on the main PC with roon core installed.

Hello @Dobbo_Wong, do you have application-level exceptions in your firewall for both Roon and RAAT?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.