Roon stopped playing all music sources TIDAL and playlists

Nucleus plus core ROON version1.7 build 610 -subscribed to TIDAL as well as having playlists in the iTunes library stored on a IMAC with catalina 10.15.6

two days ago all music stopped

i open the roon app on my phone or iPad as a remote-it shows music sources to play as discover, recents, tags, playlists, genres, tidal, live radio–when i go to any of those i can see the roon system choose music to play but when i hit the play now tab nothing happens

usually when you hit any play icon it will shift from the sideways triangle I> to the II icon as music begins to play but that does not happen

Hi @clyde_rickard,

Have you made sure to select the proper audio zone prior to starting playback?
Are all of your audio devices still visible in the Roon Settings -> Audio tab?

I can pick a zone but not get it to play—and when I went to the settings —audio is shows things need to be enabled but when I try to click the enable tabs nothing happens —see photos

Hello @clyde_rickard,

Are you still able to proper access the Nucleus Web UI?
I would try to reboot your Nucleus via the WebUI to see if this clears up the issue:

I am happy to report that the oldest fix in the book, “PULL THE PLUG” was successful. Thanks for the help

1 Like

Hi @clyde_rickard,

Thanks for letting us know the reboot resolved this issue!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you run into any other difficulties!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.