Roon stopped seeing Audio Zones/DAC after update to build 903

Roon stopped seeing the DAC connected to the core after installing build 903. The DAC is completely gone from Settings / Audio. I’ve restarted everything, reinstalled the Roon app on the core to no avail.

• Core machine: Mac Mini 2024 MacOS 10.13.6
  • Network: ZenWifi XT8, core connected via ethernet cable
  • Remotes: 2 MBPs, 1 iPhone Xs
  • DAC connected to core via USB: RME Adi-2 DAC
  • Sources: Tidal and Qobuz, no local files

Update: I tried connecting another DAC to the core, but the core itself is missing from Settings / Audio. Whatever device is connected to the core is not found by Roon.

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem after Roon updated to build 903.

• Same Mac as Core Machine and remote : iMac 27’’ mid 2011 Mac OS 10.13.6
  • Dac connected to core via USB : Schiit Modi 3+
  • Only local files

Is there a way to revert to build 898 ?

Same here.

In Settings > Audio, I don’t see any of the audio options connected to this particular Mac. Just ones on the network.

• Mac Mini Server (Mid 2010) running MacOS 10.13.6

• DAC: Schiit Bifrost 2 via USB

As this node is connected to the gear in my main listening room, I hope a fix is pushed out soon!

Same here, no audio devices connected to my Mac after 903 update.

Mac Pro 13.1.2 (Mid 2020)

Cambridge DacMagic Plus

same issue here. Ethernet audio disappears from Roon as audio option.
Imac core, Mark Levinson 519 (has latest software 595)file player.
rebooted Mac, ML, cable modem, router, etc. No change. Ethernet audio option gone.

Same issue. DragonFly Black USB DAC. Posted about it in another topic.

Roon Core Machine

Mac OS 10.13.6
Mac Mini 2011, 16GB Ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Output of Mac Mini is DragonFly Black USB DAC → Denon Receiver

Number of Tracks in Library

119,379 tracks

Description of Issue

Everything has been rock solid for years. Upgraded to build 903 this afternoon and all local audio is missing as an option. It sees the other dragonfly dac on my desktop as an airplay option but there are no local audio options whatsoever. I do not have a firewall enabled on this system at all. Verified the DragonFly DAC works fine for system output to the Denon and am able to play Youtube etc through this setup, only Roon has lost the ability.

I tried wipe, reinstall and restore from backup, same issue happening. I can no longer play Roon.

Going to try and keep all these audio zone issues related to b903 update in one place for now.

Roon Core Machine

Roon Core on Apple iMac, Mark Levinson 519 digital player
after updating Roon to build 903, audio via ethernet disappeared from Roon as an audio option. I can still play via USB but ethernet option gone.
rebooted iMac, ML, cable modem, router, Roon. Ethernet audio option is not there.

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue

I also unfortunately upgraded and have lost my Ayre QX-5 USB DAC. I am running Roon on a MacBook Pro 2012 model. This is clearly a problem caused by the upgrade. I was run Roon through my QX-5 for 2 hours this afternoon and noticed the upgrade available message on my screen, After upgrading, I could not find or connect with the DAC. Whoever is responsible for these upgrades at Roon should do a better job before they release upgrades. Roon is a software database company and apparently is not very good at implementing its sole function.

Core #1: Mac Mini
Yosemite
Core #2: Synology NAS DS218+
Linux

Following the release of Roon 1.8 (Build 903), I updated both of my cores successfully. But following the update, Roon no longer detects any of the zones I had connected via USB. I have 2 DAC’s that no longer appear in Roon although MacOS 10.x does see them and can utilize them both. The new release does see my network endpoint but nothing connected to my Mac Mini.

Thoughts?
-David Albers

Hey guys. Thanks for the heads up. We didn’t make any changes in this area for this release, but we are looking into it.

Several of you have mentioned running OS X 10.13. Is anyone seeing this problem on a more recent version of Mac OS X?

1 Like

I’m using IOS 12.1. Audio via ethernet disappeared with Roon update today.

My core is on 10.13 but I have a player on 12.2.1 and the core DOES see the DAC on that. I have two of the same DAC’s, one on the core and one on my desktop with a player

I upgraded IOS to 12.2.1 but ethernet audio options in Roon are still not there. I can only use direct USB to play anything. Unacceptable.

Roon Core Machine

<MacOS Sierra (10.6.12) on IMAC memory 8 GB

This is my Roon core. USB 3 port connected to USB of Project Pre Box S2. Working well but after update, I can no longer use the Pre Box S2. Surprisingly I cannot also see the core audio of my IMAC as the core. Other extensions working well.

<WiFI
<Roon Core (iMAC) works through wifi network.

Connected Audio Devices

USB

Description of Issue

The only issue is I want my PreBox working again. Do I need to re-install or transfer my room core o a later iMAC whose OS is Monterey 12.1? If so how do I transfer the Roon Core from an old iMac to a newer iMAc.

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Roon version 1.8 (build 903) stable
Apple iMac, 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM
MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.6 (17G14042)

Ethernet
Router TP Link, model TL-WR841N

Connected Audio Devices

EC Rena-S1 connectev via LAN
Android Box Blaupunkt connected via Chromecast/LAN

Project Pre Box S2 digital connected via USB to core

28000 tracks

Description of Issue

The USB device ProJect Pre Box S2 digital cannot be found after the last update. I tried to restart, as well as restore the local DB. The device can be visible in the Mac OS, but in the Roon app anymore. Could you please help?

Thanks a lot,

Dalibor Norek

2 Likes

YES! I am having the same issue after the update. I have a Topping D90SE DAC.

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

MACOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6 / IMAC 2,7 GHz I5 / 32 GB

Since the latest update Roon can no longer recognize my Goldnote DAC. I am connected via USB. My computer and other programs have no trouble still using the DAC.

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

MacBook Air, 1.7 GHz i5, 4 GBRam, Mac OS 10.13.6

Roon automatically updated and went from working fine to not recognising any audio devices, not even the internal speakers of my laptop!

Why is this? Please explain asap! This is infuriating.

With thanks,
CJ

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue