Roon stopped working

I have Roon running on a QNAP NAS, Roon version is 1.5 (build 360) stable
I have Roon Remote running on a Galaxy S2 tablet, version is the latest (I uninstalled it and re-downloaded it today in an attempt to get it working)

It has stopped working, on the tablet I can see that it is connecting to the core, but the core is saying “initializing” and it never connects.

I have stopped the core and restarted it.

Can @support help before I give up?

Hi @Bart_Maguire,

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Are other remotes besides the Galaxy device able to connect to the QNAP Core?

I have a MediaAccess TG589vac v2, the NAS is connected to this by ethernet, the tablet is connected via wifi.
The core and tablet were connecting last week but have now stopped working. I have updated both the core and the remote to the latest versions in an attempt to get them to connect but they are not connecting.
I have the remote on an old Android phone, it was working last week but it is not working today.

Thanks for the info, @Bart_Maguire.

Do you have a Windows or Mac machine that you can temporarily use as a remote? Are those able to connect to the Core?

On the Android devices, if you use an app like Fing that scans the network, are you able to see the Core machine?

I have downloaded Roon Remote onto a Macbook, I cannot connect to the core.
I have put Fing onto theAndroid, I can see the Core machine.

I got it working again by reformatting the SSD drive where the database was stored. Core then rebuilt it and everything started working again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.