Roon stopping randomly

Hello @noris ,

do you think the reason for my problems are the same as for Export hangs with spinning circle but no error message - #2 by fschmeis?

just checked the all logfiles on my QNAP again, there is nothing which indicates any failure, also I am using the NAS as a file server, so far no problems anywhere else … did an entire memtest (http://memtest.org/), no errors after appr. 1.5 hours (has already started to do a 2nd run) … did run a HDD stress test (on QTS: Help Desk → Dignostic Tool → HDD stress test) for more than 72 hours, did stop it right now as there didn’t occur even one single error so far:
grafik

With a i5-4590S CPU with 4 cores and up to 3 MHz, 16 GByte of RAM and the Roon DB located on a fast Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256 GByte and don’t doing any DSP (this is done by my Linn system), there should be enough resources, don’t you think so? What would be an apprporiate time frame to restore a Roon DB from Backup consisting of 110.000 files?

When starting to play a song and a crash happens, the CPU is low, disk i/o is low, memory usage is low, also moving from mono to .NET and re-installing Roon improved things significantly, but not completely, and actually I have a DB with just 35.000 tracks, have cleaned the DB entireliy (refer to Export hangs with spinning circle but no error message) and are still faced with crashes, e.g. Saturday 20th, 08:35 pm, please refer to “download_2021-11-21_15-07-01.zip” in the dropbox => therefore I am pretty sure the reason is different from the available resources …

What do you recommend? Please respond freely and open, I am willing to do whatever is needed: re-analyse the entire library or acitvate any kind of debug mode or do a remote session with a 2nd level technician from Roon or upgrade my CPU to a i7 or …

PLEASE HELP!