Roon stops about 2 minutes into a song

Roon Core Machine

2012 Mac Mini Server; 16GB RAM; 2.6 Ghz Quad Core i7; 2 - 256 SSD drives; Library on external Seagate 2 TB external Drive

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ubiquiti Dream Machine; Wi-Fi; Carrier: AT&T Fiber: Speed Test: 4ms ping 409 down 279 up

Connected Audio Devices

Connected to Emotiva PT-100 Processer via USB 3

Number of Tracks in Library

Approximately 25,000 tracks

Description of Issue

About 3 weeks ago, whenever I play an album on roon, whether it’s from my library or my Tidal account, the music stops playing after about 2 minutes. I look and the track is back to the beginning. I restart the song and it plays but with no sound. This happens on any random track from any random album whether my library (all Flac files at 96/24 or better) or Tidal.

1 Like

is your macmini connected via wifi or LAN? LAN is the recommended connection - wireless is not.

1 Like

Hi @Ramiro_Orta thanks so much for reaching out about this - I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve had!

@wizardofoz had a great suggestion, do you still see this type of behavior if you connect the Core directly to the router?

I’m also hoping that you can complete a full reboot of the devices within your setup (Core, endpoints, router, etc.) - you’ll want to power them down and unplug them for a few minutes. Is there any improvement?

Additionally, does this happen when playing to only 1 endpoint or does this happen across multiple endpoints?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.