Roon stops and doesn't play

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows/Roon 1.7 (build 610), 64 bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Lumin D2

Description Of Issue

Roon suddendly stops. I can’t say when because it sometimes stops after one song ans sometimes after few ones. But there is such a typical thing: song’s time is 0:11 and music doesn’t play - I need to push the play button and is starts - to the next stop.

When it stops, is there any error prompt showing on Roon?

After it stops, does the Lumin D2 front panel show anything different from before? Or stays the same as when it was playing from Roon?

Please describe your whole network topology, including brand and model of router, switches, access points, etc, and how everything are connected together (in particular the Windows Core).

Edit: One more thing: you must ensure all other music apps (especially UPnP based) on the whole network and all smartphones are closed / killed, not just on the Windows PC.

No, there is no error prompt showing on Roon.
The LuminD2 front panel shows pause sign - and it’s all (no song or artist info).
Before I write all information you asked, I’ve just found one issue - maybe there is a source of the problem. There is a red exclamation mark in the red triangle in the upper right corner. This mark is shown everywhere: on tablet, on smartphone and on the Core. It is said: "The improver of metadata is stopped. Ronn needs to be updated…, etc. But my Roon is up to date.

Edit: Sorry, I wrote the wrong information. After it stops the Lumin D2 front panel shows the artist and song info and the pause mark.
For example: I played "Morisson Hotel (50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) by The Doors - on Qobuz. First problem is with loading the album - there is a info “there is a network connection problem, try again”. When i try again, it shows. Next, I clicked “Play now” - and is shows that the first song is not availiable on Qobuz. The following song is playing, and the next one also (songs nr 2,3,4) and it stops on song number 5 - Blue Sunday - of course the time is 0:11 and doesn’t play.

Please try playing local music files instead of Qobuz, and see if the same problem occurs.

Ok, I will try. But what does this information "The improver of metadata is stopped. Ronn needs to be updated…,means?

Please check if there are updates for Roon software, and update as necessary.

Then reboot Windows.

No, there is no such a problem on Qobuz.
I’ve also tried with Tidal - is’s the same.

Ok, I will try.

Hello @Marcin_Pacyna, if you see the metadata improver message, just reboot your core and it should disappear. Please let me know if it shows up again.

Hello. I reboot my core and it disappeared, thank you. Now it seems that everythnig is ok. I asked my internet provider to reboot main serwer.
Thanks for help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.