Roon Stops on QNAP

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TS-451+, 16G RAM, 4.4.2.1320, Roon build 517

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired through Netgear JGS524EV2, PC connected via ASUS AC86U

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

OPPO 203 to Pioneer SC95

Description Of Issue

First use this morning on PC and iPhone gets “searching for core” error. Bringing up applet on TS451+ desktop says Roon stopped. Application Center says the app is running. Stopped the app in App Center, then restarted. Now working. No idea what stopped Roon. Glad to send logs if that will help.

Hello @William_Coney, and thanks for your report! I’m glad things are working as intended again, but has this been a recurring issue for you or the first time its happened?

Third or fourth time over 2 months. I can’t tie it to any action [QNAP Update, Roon update] on my part. I will note that this is the first time there was a discrepancy between the applet on the desktop reporting it’s status [stopped] and the app center placeholder’s reporting [running].

Hey @William_Coney, thanks for the clarification here. Next time this occurs please reply to this thread with a timestamp (your local time) and we can enable diagnostics to take a look!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.