Roon stops playing after one song

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus, running latest version with most recent update.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Want to keep a copy of discussion from yesterday troubleshooting problem with connecting Nucleus to an iMac for database backup.

More specifically this is a problem when trying to play an album. It plays first song and stops. Created playlists seem okay at playing through.

1 Like

Hey @Mark_Hickey, Roon need a bit more detail to help you get ISSUE resolved. Would you mind filling out the support template below? You can copy and paste it in your reply, thanks!

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Hi, @Mark_Hickey, did you notice the problem occurs when you play an album from your local library or from one of the two streaming services?

It has also happened to me a couple of times, but I didn’t pay too much attention until I saw your post. It seems to me I was playing tracks from Tidal.

1 Like

Yes, it seems to happen with music streamed using Qobuz. It’s okay with albums in my library. I’m having fewer problems since my initial post. Haven’t changed anything and don’t see a settings problem. I’ll continue to monitor.

Carl,

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems to happen with albums streamed using Qobuz. It’s okay with most music in my library if it’s from my iTunes Library or purchased High Rez files.

I’m running Roon Core on a Nucleus Plus. My network uses a Google Nest system with 4 stations. Also have a direct ethernet connection into my main desktop (late model iMac) which is where I play Roon for the most part. I do have a antivirus/VPN program running.

I have numerous audio devices - Apple TV, Chromecast, Sonos, Bluesound Node. They are connected on WIFI with AirPlay in most cases.

I have around 77,000 tracks in my library.