Roon stops playing at 1:53 on every song (again) after 2.0 update

Roon Core Machine

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Mac Mini Server - 2.6 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 - 16GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ubiquiti Dream Machine Router v1.11.4 - WIFI - Speed test on Mac: 310 Mbps down; 298 Mbps up
On ATT FIber - 1 Gigabit

Connected Audio Devices

Mac Mini connected to Emotiva Pre-Amp PT-100 via USB and Pre-Amp going through Emotive A-300 Amp

Number of Tracks in Library

22000 tracks

Description of Issue

Same Issue I had in February and April, but was resolved with update. No updates available now. Basically, I play an album and at exactly 1:53 minutes of the first track, the music just stops. I look at my iPad which is used as a remote and the track shows paused. When I press play nothing happens. I have to restart Roon and then at 1:53 minutes of the first track it stops again. This only happens when I play through my HIFI system. When I stream to Sonos speakers throughout my house, no problem. It is very frustrating. Any answers?

Is this any track on any album or is it specific to one particular track?

Is the track local or from a streaming service?

Since it happens only when you play directly and not when you stream elsewhere, the local output device seems to be a possible culprit. You could try whether the same problem occurs if you use some other output… any other output, like the built-in audio out in the Mac Mini.

Just a thought.

Any track from any service or my own files.

I’m going to try the optical out and see what happens. I’m just a little discouraged that this is happing again. Especially in light of the price increase, which I don’t mind as long as I don’t have to deal with this type of issue on a regular basis.

Hi @Ramiro_Orta,

Since some time has passed and several releases of Roon 2.0 have been released with stability fixes, I wanted to check: are you still experiencing this playback problem?

If so, the team will promptly pull diagnostics and respond shortly with troubleshooting steps.

Thank you for following up Connor. Last I checked it started working again via the USB connection after updating the Roon software. I will test again tonight and let you know if the problem is gone.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.