Roon stops playing from Qobuz

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Macos , high sierra, macmini late2014

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

HDMI, HQ player (no matter)

Description Of Issue
Every time I stream in roon from Qobuz, each track stopps after 2 min playbacktime. (means restarting the track will plays again until 2 minutes)
Sometimes there is in the moment of stopping a (orange) message with some networkproblems i dont understand.
Playing from my own musiclib is without problems.
Playing in the Qobuz-App is without problems.
I have a studio abo (high res).
There was a longtime succes ( a year or so) , playing Qobuz over roon.
Any idee, what should i try?
Thanks in advance, Heinz

Hi @Heinz_Palecek,

Can you describe your network hardware? What is the router in use? Any switches or other gear being used?

Were there any changes to your setup around the time this started happening? Have you tried rebooting your Core since experiencing this?

If you play to System Output of the Mac Core machine does the same behavior occur?

Qobuz was being very flakey for me too yesterday and I experienced similar problems. Seems to have sorted itself out today.

1 Like

Hi,
thanks for the quick response. I found the time for extensive testing now and for answering your questions:

Q: Have you tried rebooting your Core since experiencing this?
A: At the end of testing (see below) I did a reboot of the core - now it works like expectetd !

Setup:

Q: Can you describe your network hardware? (What is the router in use, any switches or other gear being used)

A:

• In use is a swisscom-internetbox (router/switch) and a netgear 8-port switch GS-108
  • Core is a MacMini late 2014,i5, 8GB, High Sierra 10.13.6,
  • six roon feeding stations all over airplay (no problems)
  • main-System in listening room:
    for stereo:
    Roon -> HQ-player (96kHz) -> Core-MacMini usb-out -> Pioneer SC LX 88 usb-in
    for Multichannel:
    Roon -> HQ-player (96kHz) -> Core MacMini hdmi out -> Pioneer SC LX 88 hdmi-in

Q: Were there any changes to your setup around the time this started happening?
Not that i know for shure, maybe the roon-update, that i made over the roon-client (not directly on the core (macmini)…?

Q: If you play to System Output of the Mac Core machine does the same behavior occur?
A: No. Only over usb this occured.

• Mostly the timelime stopps around 2 minutes (sometimes with a orange description of a network-fault)
  • in other cases the timeline begin (between one and two minutes) to run and jumps forwards

Conclusion:

• The fault was only by listening over the core-usb out (with or without HQ-Player in between)
  • a reboot seems to fix the problem
  • i reduced in the qobuz -settings the allowed resolution from 192 to 96

Hope, this helps me, to get a stable system again, that I knew from roon
so far.

Thank you for this great peace of software!
Best regards, Heinz

Hi @Heinz_Palecek,

You mentioned above that a reboot seems to resolve the issue. How long after rebooting does it take for Roon to get back into this state?

Since this is only happening the Pioneer via USB, can you share a screenshot of Device Setup for this zone? Are you using any DSP settings?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.