Roon stops playing local library if internet is down

I found Roon stops after 30 seconds if no ethernet connevtion is upn.isvthat a normal issue or I must be do something on the configuration ??@support

Hi @wilfredo_sanchez,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Please also verify the following:

• Is it just that playback pauses? Are you able to play again right after?
  • What endpoint are you playing to?
  • What type of content are you playing? Where is this content stored?

Hi.I AM using a server PC running roonserver .the OS is Windows 10 withAO and Fidelizer pro 8.2 .
As Endpoint I use an AlloUsbridge SIG.
with Diet.pi .as OS and roonbridge activated on it.
A 5 Port Switch tplink gigaethernet I use to link the internet router with the server and endpoint .the music files are on two USB 2tb hdd.I use tidal fir streaming music.
When I disconnect the ethernet wire coming from the room where the internet provider router is…the music stops…no matter if Tidal or local playing…the timeline on Roon still looks working and the zone seems to be active.any help plse

Hi @Wilfredo_sanchez,

Just to make sure I’m understanding your correctly here, you’re saying that when you disconnect the Ethernet cable to your Core the music stops playing to your Allo USBridge? If you disconnect your Ethernet cable, how is the Core communicating with the USBridge?

Unless you are using just the USB 2TB HDD to stream music to a local zone, the Allo endpoint won’t work if the Core does not have a connection to the local network.

I use a Switch between AlloUsbridge and core

playback pauses …no sound … the time line on the remote is still going on as well as the zone .Allousbridge as endpoint .a Switch receives the ethernet signal from the internet provider ruter , them one port is connected to the server /core machine with roonserver running on it , and a second port of this switch is used to feed the Allo endpoint ,

Hi @wilfredo_sanchez,

Thanks for that additional information, but I am still confused about this part:

What cable are you disconnecting and why? Is the AlloUSBridge and Core using the same Ethernet cable? Why is there a need to disconnect the cables?

Do other zones work as expected when this occurs, zone such as “System Output”?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.