What could cause Roon to simply ‘give up’ playing a song but not display an error message as to why?
I have been having a lot of issues with Roon that seemed to suggest a networking issue. Some expamples were “Qobuz is loading slowly”, “Song failed to load”. I’ve since done all the usual stuff including replacing switches, rebooting router, Roon core PC etc. Now I don’t seem to have a problem starting a song, but getting it to play through a song is a different matter.
Instead of seeing some messages like “Roon lost control of the transport device” the song stops playing (mid song), the queue changes to “Nothing playing” and no error message is displayed.
I’ve never encountered this before and seemed to start happening when I added a new Roon Endpoint (I switched from a dCS Vivaldi to an MSB Reference) but this could just be coincidence.