Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 32gb

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

USB various drivers, all fail

Number of Tracks in Library

55000 tracks

Description of Issue

After 1-2 minutes music stops. What seems to happen is that Roon loses all it’s output devices, shows “Select output” at bottom of screen, then recovers and shows the previously used output device but music is stopped.

Other comment : you guys need to spend more on software quality control. Roon used to be reliable but now I am seriously looking for other players. [Moderated – Please keep it civil.] I’ve got a business to run and I need a working system for that.

Hey @bob_prangnell I was able to pull logs and see this happening:

03/17 17:31:18 Warn: exception starting raatserver: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.IO.Stream.ReadByte()
   at Sooloos.RAATServer.ConnectOrStartAndWaitForExit(String path, String args, Action`1 status, ChildProcess& p)

I’ll check with the team to see what might be causing this.

@bob_prangnell If you could, please try temporarily uninstalling your ASIO drivers, just so we can simplify and narrow things down. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.