Roon stops playing randomly

Core PC info in jpg format…

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core PC and Roon bridge PC are connected via Ethernet cable thru my Linksys EA8300 wifi router Have two displays on chromcasts. Remotes are samsung galaxy S8 phone, and galaxy tab S5E.

An intel fanless mini PC (windows 10) is running as roon bridge, using USB out of bridge to Amanero and TPA Buffalo ESS9038 DAC

Description Of Issue

Last couple weeks my roon will stop playing. It might run for half a song, half an hour, sometimes close to a day. When playback stops, it’s as if someone has hit pause. Can hit play on phone, or tablet, might play for minutes, or hours. Very frustrating… I am plying back from internal hard drives on my core PC, and Qobuz. I often let roon radio pick the tracks. But problem will also occur when I select an album.

Library info:

I am not seeing any sort of error message, on any of the devices. It just acts like someone pushed the pause button. The system hardware has not changed for years, and used to play for days and even weeks, without any interruption… Please advise! Thanks!

No replies… Well, I decided to take the fanless, intel based, win 10 PC out of the system as a test. I am now using an odroid c2, with dietpi and roon bridge. Will see if this cures the problem. Ealier today, I ran the DAC straight off the core PC, via usb. Sounded terrible, compared to using the roon bridge! Could be the 20ft of usb cable? Not sure, but won’t be going back to that configuration! BTW my amanero feeds a Hermes isolator, into a cronus reclocker, then to the ess9038 buffalo dac. Seems it should be immune to even the worst usb input!

Hello @Michael_Burgert, my apologies for the delay here. If you could, next time this is

I wanted to reach out because I’ve been keeping an eye on our servers, waiting for the aforementioned diagnostics report.

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using this link.

Please also reply here with a timestamp (your local time) and the track you were playing at the time. I can take this data to my team and we can take a deeper look at what’s going on. Thanks!

So far, I have had no problems with this new roon bridge in the system. I wanted to get away from the windows based bridge anyway. Time will tell at this point, but seems to be working good! Will update if the problem happens again. Thanks! -Mike

Awesome @Michael_Burgert! Let me know if the issue returns or if you need help in the future!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.