Roon stops playing randommly

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue

Hi there. My Roon stops playing frequently, at the middle of a song, without any logic reason nor message. There is no rule about it: could happen at the first song of an album or at any of the following. No error messages are given. The equalizer like minibars before track name keep moving up and down, showing that the track is playing but nothing plays and the progress slider is not moving. Either from Tidal or NAS library. Tried to restart everything, sadly without improvements.

Hi @Nuno_Rocha,

So we can better understand the issue you’re experiencing, please verify the following:

1. How often does this occur? Once every hour? Once per day?
  2. Does the behavior only occur with the Linn? If you play to System Output of your Core machine does that work okay?
  3. Is your Core machine connected directly to the router via Ethernet or are there other networking devices in use?

Hi Dylan,
Thank you you for your reply.
It occurs randomly. However, I’d say it happens in intervals less than 30min.
I only stream to Linn and there’s no other purpose for it. So I don’t know whether it fails to other outputs or not. I’m testing it.
My core machine is connected to the router via WiFi, 130Mbps

Hi @Nuno_Rocha,

Definitely give other endpoints a test. It would be good to know if System Output of the Core machine exhibits the same behavior.

As noted in our Networking Guide, we always recommend that your Core machine be connected via Ethernet whenever possible. Can you give this a try as a test and let us know if it helps?

It looks like roon (or Linn DSM) doesn’t like Kazoo open in the smartphone

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.