Roon stops playing when computer sleeps

It used to work ok, but I think this latest update broke it. Mac OS 10.14.2
Energy saver panel set to Prevent computer from sleeping when the display is off.
Wake for network access is checked.
Everything is set as before.

I don’t have a Mac, but a PC that’s gone to sleep can’t act as a server.

You’re missing what I said. It used to work, but something has changed.

Hello @Todd_Reitz,

I’m not quite sure I understand the issue here, you used to be able to play music off of Roon while your OSX was in sleep mode? Or is this issue just affecting when waking up the Mac from sleep mode?

– Noris

OK, I used to be able to let Roon play, walk away from it and the music would continue all day (background music).
Now the music stops in when the display goes off (15 min).
Energy saver panel set to Prevent computer from sleeping when the display is off.

Hello @Todd_Reitz,

Thanks for letting me know that information. I have asked QA to try and reproduce the behavior you’re seeing here and will let you know the results when this request reaches their queue.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

Hello @Todd_Reitz,

QA has been unable to reproduce this issue with the information you provided. Can you please provide a screenshot of your Energy Saver tab in settings for both Battery and Power Adapter? You can use these instructions to upload screenshots to community.

Have you enabled the Schedule feature in either of these power saving tabs?

Thanks,
Noris

53%20AM

1 Like

I discovered a solution…
If I leave my iPad running with Roon, it keeps playing all day long.

It might be worth resetting either the SMC or PRAM as detailed on this page:

Settings for either can become corrupt, so resetting one or both might help.

Hi @Todd_Reitz,

I just wanted to check in here with you to see if David’s links perhaps provided a solution to this issue. I received word from QA that they have been unable to reproduce this issue even when running the same version of OSX as you have so I think this might be something environmental to your setup.

Thanks,
Noris

I think so

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.