Roon Stops Playing When Radio Begins Suggesting Tracks From Library

Roon Core Machine

Synology DS218+, DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 6, INTEL Celeron J3355, Physical memory 2048 MB
RoonServer is on an external Seagate SSD connected via USB.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Synology connected via ethernet cable to Verizon Router G3100

Connected Audio Devices

Peachtree Nova 150 connected to Synology via USB
Sonos One (Gen 2) via Apple Airplay 2

Number of Tracks in Library

35,993 tracks, 1,375 artists, 3,114 albums

Description of Issue

Apologies if I missed any information above, this is my first time creating a support topic.
This issue occurs when I’m listening via my Sonos One over Airplay. Everything is fine when I choose an album and listen to it all the way through. No stops or pauses. However, when the album is finished and Roon Radio starts suggesting and playing similar tracks from my library, the tracks will play and then after a certain point playback will just stop. The next song has already been chosen by Radio, but I need to go back to Roon and click play or else nothing happens. When this issue starts, I need to go back and click play for every new song.

just uploaded my RoonServer and RAATServer logs to the Logs Upload Server

the issue was happening today (Jan. 7) at approximately 5:20 PM, 5:28 PM and 7:14 PM.

bumping this to make sure it’s not closed.

Hi @oxenbenj,

I sincerely apologize for the length of time it has taken to get you a response.

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, are you able to get me a date/time/last track played instance of this happening so that I may investigate for us?

Thanks,
Wes

Thanks for responding. Yes, it is still occurring but I’d have to monitor for the next time it occurs and re-upload the logs, unless the logs I uploaded previously are sufficient.

You won’t need to upload the logs. I just need the instance date/time and can enable diagnostics to get the information I need! I’ll be standing by to assist!

Wes

Hi Wes - the same issue just happened right now. Feb. 26 @ approximately 4:12 PM

and again at Feb. 26 at 5:18 PM

and again today Mar. 1 at 7:03-7:04 PM.

Hi @oxenbenj,

Was out sick last week! Sorry for the delay!

I’m investigating now and will report back with my findings here shortly.

Wes

Hi @oxenbenj,

I’m not finding anything particularly telling in the logging. I see that in one of these instances that the device disconnects but doesn’t give us anything other than a generic disconnect message.

We can try to look at another instance and if you can, supply the track being played when it happens.

Otherwise, I have only one generic suggestion and that’s to power cycle all involved network elements (core, router, switches, modem, and endpoint).

Please let me know. I will be happy to see if there’s anything more telling this time around.

Wes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.