Roon stops when starting up

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

windows, latest; cannot see the version as it immediately shuts down

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
connected via lan

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
meridian media source 200

Description Of Issue

3 seconds after starting up, roon stops

Have you had some windows updates? Your graphics drivers may have been overwritten. Go to the website of your graphics card manufacturer and download latest drivers from there.

Hello Ged, problem started when I updated Roon. But checked also the latest grahic drivers.
Had to install 3 updates. But problem with Roon is not solved. Thanks for stepping in.
Marco

Try installing the 32 bit version off roonlabs to see if that comes up.

Hello Ged, Thnks fo quick answer! Appriciated. Installed the 32-bit version. Roon is now playing! Keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully I will not have to contact you again. Marco

Hello @Marco_Ising, that’s awesome news! Please let us know if the issue returns.

Good that you are up and running. I’m a user just like you but have been hanging around on the forum for a while.
That 32 bit works and 64 bit doesn’t often means there’s something odd with the graphics setup. I can’t tell you exactly what :slight_smile:

Thanks Ged, Use a dedicated small PC as a server for Roon. Will check later the graphics settings, as I do prefer a 64 bit version. Makes loading Roon a bit faster I would guess. But for now I can explore my musci again. Marco

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.