Roon struggles adding titles

Installation Info:
Roon version - 1.5 (363) Mac OS - Mojave 10.14.1
Macbook Pro 3,1 GHz Intel Core i5, 16G memory used as Roon remote
Roon Core - MacMini late 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7, 1TB SSD, 16G memory
Music on QNAP 453B
Ethernet from WiFi Asus router in room to Linn KEDSM

Problem:
Since I installed Roon (couple of weeks ago) I still have the message below that Ronn tries to add 377 files (titles) but nothing happens. Starting all devices again (NAS, Core and remote) and doing scans again don´t help. I only have two files where Roon is telling me that the file and the metadata is corrupt. So where do these 377 files come from?

Thanks Christian

Hi @weinconsi,

Often times this type of behavior stems from your Core having trouble communicating with the media storage location. Can you describe your current network topology? How is your Core and QNAP connected to the network? Are there any switches or other networking hardware in use?

Hi Dylan,
thanks for coming back so fast!
Roon Core on MacMini is directly connected to Asus Router as QNAP is. Asus router is a RT-AC87U.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, @weinconsi!

I’d like to enable some diagnostics on your account so we can take a look at what you’re experiencing here. Before I do this, may I ask that you please do the following:

• Reboot your Core machine.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for ~5 minutes. Let me know the time you do this.
  • Reboot your Core machine once more.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for another ~5 minutes. Let me know the time you do this as well.

This should allow the team to gain some insight into what you’re experiencing in the report. Once you’ve done this let me know the timestamps and I’ll enable diagnostics on your account. When the diagnostics report is uploaded I’ll send it over to our team for analysis.

Dear Dylan,

right now? or later?

Hi @weinconsi,

Whenever is convenient for you. Just let me know afterwards and I can enable diagnostics on your account so we can take a look at the diagnostics report during that time.

ok, perfect - I do it now

Hi Dylan,

stopped Core at 16:08 - 16:09 Adding titles was finished, at least with the the message 377 titles still have to be done
stopped Core at 16:015 - 16:16 Adding titles was finished, at least with the the message 377 titles still have to be done

Hope this helps.

Thanks, @weinconsi.

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Update — The diagnostics report was received

Hi @weinconsi,

I spoke with the team about the analysis of the diagnostics report and I wanted to reach out with their findings.

The issue seems to trace to the following:

Material 24 bit/Anhaltische Philharmonie Dessau
Material 24 bit/Chamber Orchestra of Europe
Material 24 bit/Charles Mackerfas Scottish Chamber Orchestra

Does the above content appear in Roon?

We were hoping that you could also do the following so we can get some additional details about this folder:

1. Open Terminal and navigate to the /Material 24 folder
  2. Run 'ls -al@'
  3. Send us the output of this command

Thanks!

Dear Dylan,
thanks for coming back.
No, I can‘t see them in Roon. Unfortunately has my Macbook broken down yesteday so I will be able to run the further analysis only in some days. Sorry but I will come back asap,
I need to say that You all do an incredible job - once more I‘m happy to be a Rooner!
Christian

1 Like

Dear Dylan,

finally I got it - this is the outcome:
total 52
drwxrwxrwx 7 admin administrators 4096 2018-11-25 16:21 ./
drwxrwxrwx 46 admin administrators 4096 2018-11-25 11:34 …/
drwxrwxrwx 541 admin administrators 24576 2018-11-25 16:21 Material 24 bit/
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin administrators 4096 2018-09-02 13:38 @Recycle/
drwxrwxrwx 5 admin administrators 4096 2018-05-24 17:45 .streams/
drwxrwxrwx 2 admin administrators 4096 2018-09-07 16:33 .syncing_db/
drwxrwxrwx 2 admin administrators 4096 2018-11-25 16:20 .@upload_cache/

Hope this helps and I did it right.
Christian

Thanks, @weinconsi.

I’ve passed that output along to the team. I’ll be sure to update you once I’ve received their feedback.

Hi @weinconsi,

I appreciate your patience here while this has been investigated by the team.

I was hoping you could move these folders out of your watched folder and let me know if you still see this same behavior:

Material 24 bit/Jean Michel Jarre
Material 24 bit/Anhaltische Philharmonie Dessau
Material 24 bit/Chamber Orchestra of Europe
Material 24 bit/Charles Mackerfas Scottish Chamber Orchestra

Thanks,
Dylan

Dear Dylan,

time is here no problem.
Crazy, I have moved the folders restarted NAS, Core and Client again and still have the same behavior with 377 tracks searching to get addended.

Interesting :wink:
Christian

Hello @weinconsi,

I just wanted to check in with you here and see if you were still experiencing the same issue after moving those files out of your watched folders and rebooting Roon. If you are please let me know and we can take a closer look.

Thanks,
Noris

Dear Noris,
yes, I still have the same issue.

Christian

Thanks for letting me know @weinconsi.

I can confirm the new diagnostics from your machine have reached our servers and I have submitted them to QA for analysis regarding this issue.

I will be sure to let you know once I receive the completed report back from QA.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @weinconsi,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. I have just heard back from QA and they require some deeper debugging tools to be enabled as to investigate this issue. Can you please perform the following steps so that we can gather this info?

1. When Roon is stuck during this import, Terminate Roon and then launch Roon via Terminal using this command:
    /Applications/Roon.app/Contents/MacOS/Roon -storagetrace
    You can read instruction how to launch terminal at this link.
  2. Let it run for 5-7 minutes
  3. Terminate Roon
  4. Manually send us the logs from your Core using these instructions (https://kb.roonlabs.com/Logs)

Thanks,
Noris

Dear Noris,

thanks for coming back.
Are You sure with the command line as mentioned above? Doesn´t work here.

Christian