Roon struggles adding titles

Hello @weinconsi,

That command should be correct, the QA team confirmed this for me. Can you please post a screenshot of the error it displays and provide some more information as to where exactly you are posting it?

Thanks,
Noris

Dear Noris,

my fault - the command has to be run on the Mac which has the Roon App on it. But where should the logs be - on the Mac Mini with the Roon Server on it?
Christian

Hello @weinconsi,

This command should be run on your Roon Core (MacMini late 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7).

Thanks,
Noris

understood - the response is: “No such file or directory”.

Christian

Hello @weinconsi,

I think there was some misunderstanding regarding your setup. Can you please try to run the following command, instead of the one @noris gave you. Thanks

/Applications/RoonServer.app/Contents/MacOS/RoonServer -storagetrace

Hi @vova,

Yes there was - finally I did it. Here´s the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/el247h8lblfzfqh/AABMs45WyWvOKbx8GhpmWbBLa?dl=0

Hope it works.
Christian

Hello @weinconsi,

Thanks for uploading that file, I have added it to your case with QA. Please leave it uploaded to your Dropbox until our investigation is concluded.

Thanks,
Noris

Dear Noris,

any updates on this issue?
Thanks
Christian

Hello @weinconsi,

My sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. I just spoke to QA again regarding your case and they have identified a few other folders which could be problematic:

Material 24 bit/Freddy Kempf
Material 24 bit/Hans Zimmer
Material 24 bit/Leipziger Streichquartett/Haydn_ String Quartets, Vol. 1 - The Seven Last Words of Christ
Material 24 bit/Milos Karadaglic
Material 24 bit/Paquito D'Rivera
Material 24 bit/Polyphony Stephen Layton
Material 24 bit/Toyohiko Satoh
Material 24 bit/Windwerk
Material 24 bit/Arabella Steinbache
music/Artist_Albums/ABC/Tevin Campbell
MP3/Wesseltoft & Endresen

Can I please ask you to move these folders out of your Roon watched folders (but do not delete) so that Roon cannot see them? After moving these folders out please reboot your Core and let me know if the same issue still occurs, hopefully it won’t as one of these folders will contain the problematic media files.

Thanks,
Noris

Dear Noris,

did as You advised but doesn´t change the situation.

Why?

Christian

Hello @weinconsi,

Sorry to hear that removing those folders did not solve the issue, I can confirm the new set of logs have been received by our servers and I have asked QA to take another look. In the meantime, I am wondering something – most of the files identified are in the Material 24 bit folder, how much of your library is located there and how much is located outside of the Material 24 bit folder? It might be worthwile to try to temporarily disable that location in Roon Settings -> Storage just to see if the offending files are perhaps there or elsewhere.

– Noris

Dear Noris,

I have deactivated the 24 bit folder and then started Roon Core again - same behavior as before. Sorry.
Christian

Hello @weinconsi,

I just wanted to check in here with you and let you know that I haven’t forgotten about this issue. I have been discussing your case with the QA team and I think the next step here would be to get your database to see if there are some clues in that direction.

Can you please use these instructions to send us the database? I will send you a private message shortly on where to upload it. I really appreciate you working with us here on getting this issue resolved.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi @weinconsi,

Moving forward with our troubleshooting here, the technical team is hoping that you can perform a test that will help us to narrow down where this behavior is stemming from.

First, we will want to start with a completely new database. Please see the instructions below:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database so you can return to it later.
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location: https://kb.roonlabs.com/Database_Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder

Now that you have a new database, we will want to add watched folders one by one so we can determine which folder(s) is causing the issues. Please follow these steps:

• Add a single watched folder
  • Let Roon finish import and analysis of the folder
  • If things work properly, move to the next folder

This way we can determine which folder is causing the behavior to occur.