Roon stuck on loading screen

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core on Windows 10, Roon 1.7 (build 610)

Description Of Issue

When open Roon on my laptop it opens but then gets stuck on the loading screen. This has been happening for a few days, I believe it coincided with a Windows 10 update. I have tried numerous things, uninstalling and reinstalling Roon, trying to uninstall the Windows update etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi, most likely this is related to the graphics driver.

What is the specification of the device running Roon?

I would recommend going to the GPU manufacturer’s site (not Windows update) then download / install the latest version.

1 Like

Hi. Thank you for the response. I have updated the graphics driver but unfortunately it hasn’t solved the issue.

If there is more information I need to provide to help identify the problem please let me know what would be helpful. Thank you.

This will help Roon’s @support team.

The other thing to try is loading the 32bit version of Roon sometimes that helps with GPU issues (assuming this is the issue).

1 Like

Hello @Simeon_Everett, my apologies for the trouble here. Carl is correct, could you please try the 32-bit version and let us know if that works? Also, have you rebooted since the windows update?

Hi. I have tried the 32-bit version but still no luck. I have rebooted since the windows update.

The device is a Windows 10 home (10.0.19041) HP laptop, processor is Intel Core i5 - 6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz with Intel HD Graphics 520.

Hello @Simeon_Everett, could you please temporarily disable your firewall/antivirus and try to start Roon again? Also, did you use drivers from the manufacturer’s website when installing your drivers or did you use what Windows recommended? We recommend trying drivers direct from the manufacturer.

Hi. I downloaded the drivers from the manufacturer’s website. I have tried disabling my antivirus software but the problem persists.

Hello @Simeon_Everett, I’d like to enable diagnostics for your account so we can take a look., Could you please try to open Roon again and reply to this thread with a timestamp of when you tried? Thanks!

Hi. Thank you for your response. I actually decided that this, along with some other issues I was having with the laptop, was a good excuse to upgrade my computer. I now have a new laptop which I have moved the Roon core to and everything is up and running fine. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.