ROON Stuck on 'Scanning Now' after latest roon version updated

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Using iMac laptop - Os El Capitan Version 10.11.6 + other devices (ipad / Cell phone Huawei running on Android) but the result is always the same

Roon Core running on a QNAP NAS where there is also my music Storage Folder / library.

The QNAP is connected to a Synology router and my Imac connected to the Synology through an ethernet wire.

Description Of Issue

Last week, I downloaded and installed the latest version of Roon.

I had the first following issue that has been solved.

I couldn’t acces anymore to my library, so I reinitialized the licence and I could access to the library again.

After that, new issue not solved :

I can now access and play my music but it is not finding anymore my new music in real time like it did perfectly before the roon update.

And there is a spinning wheel on the top right corner (seccre screesnhots)

Roon start properly but the scanning process gets stuck on 5 949 of 110 464 files. I can use the program but the scanning process never completes.

It is just like the roon has been frozen in a past position and doesn’t take into account new files.

Everything was ok for several months before this Roon update.

Reboot several times my NAS + core server + my router + my laptop but nothing changed

I regularly delete some useless files in my library directly in my finder + on the qnap appliication.

Could you please help me.
Many thanks !

Hello @Alexis_UZAN, and welcome to the community! We generally see this behavior when one of the tracks is stuck, which can occur for a few different reasons. When you are able, please get Roon into this state again and reply here with a timestamp (your local time) when the issue occurs. From there, we’ll enable diagnostics for your account and see what’s going on with the track in question. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.