Roon stuck scanning files

@support Running 1.6 on Intel i7 NUC (ROCK spec) with Euphony OS.

Tidied up library yesterday (merged a few cd’s to create correct double albums etc) and now Roon is stuck on Rescanning Files 1/13 indefinitely.

Some issues did cause me to edit native tags on the actual files (using Jaikoz and Tag).

Have clicked Cleanup Library button.

I believe this is usually due to some metadata issues in the actual physical file tags?

Hi @Ian_Oliver,

Where are your files stored?

Since experiencing this behavior have you tried rebooting your Core machine?

Files are stored locally inside NUC on a 4TB SSD (/ROONSTORAGE).

Have restarted Roon and rebooted whole server.

Hi @Ian_Oliver,

I’d like to enable some diagnostics on your account so we can take a look at what you’re experiencing here. Before I do this, may I ask that you please do the following and make a note of the time you do each:

• Reboot your Core machine.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for ~5 minutes.
  • Reboot your Core machine once more.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for another ~5 minutes.

This should allow the team to gain some insight into what you’re experiencing in the report. Once you’ve done this let me know the timestamps and I’ll enable diagnostics on your account. When the diagnostics report is uploaded I’ll send it over to our team for analysis.

@dylan First Reboot: 22:12 GMT
First Spinner: 22:12 - 22:17 GMT
Second Reboot: 22:18 GMT
Second Spinner: 22:18-22:23 GMT

Thanks, @Ian_Oliver.

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

@dylan Any luck with the diagnosis?

Hi @Ian_Oliver,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay here! I have requested an update from our technical team who is investigating this issue. I’ll be sure to update you ASAP when I hear back from them.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon is stuck scanning files

Hi @Ian_Oliver,

I met with out senior technical team to discuss this behavior and wanted to follow up with you. Often times this type of behavior is caused by specific files having an issue being analyzed, but that doesn’t seem to be the case here.

In an effort to better understand what happened, the team was hoping to gather some additional information from you.

Can you elaborate a bit on what exactly you did here? What albums did you merge? Were Qobuz albums modified here?

Thanks!

@dylan Logged in and out of Quboz and problem persists. I did merge some bought Qobuz albums in my library with Qobuz favourites as Qobuz makes anything you bought a Favourite but it was already on my local SSD.

Rest was some double albums that hadn’t come up as one album with Disc1 | Disc 2 etc. Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin and Whitney Houston. Also a double album of Bach concertos.

Thanks @Ian_Oliver,

I passed the info above over to our team. They’re continuing to investigate and reproduce this behavior in-house. I’ll be sure to keep you updated as the investigation proceeds.

Can you give an example of one of the albums you merged in this way?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.