ROON stuttering then audio degrades

Issue resolved by switching server USB port connection from USB 3 to USB 2.

@Daniel_Gale Maybe you should delete this and private message @Quad4Me instead… not good to display other peoples emails in a forum … @RBM maybe you can force this out of here or was it intended for @support ?

@wizardofoz
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have since edited my post to delete personal and contact info. Didn’t realize it would be a public post. Thx again

I’ll flag @WindowsX to see if he has any ideas.

Cheers, Greg

Thanks for the detailed report, @Daniel_Gale!

In order to narrow down where this issue may be stemming from, I’d like to propose a test. Temporarily install Roon on another machine and test playing your music the same as you were playing on the current Core (same endpoints, same network, same files).

Please give this test a try and let me know if you still experience the same audio issues.

Regards,
Dylan

Hi. I resolved the case with Mr. Daniel Gale now. It appears he used USB 3.0 on storage together with audio playback on USB 2.0 and caused performance issues on 2.0 ports. After moving USB storage to other USB 2.0 ports, the problem is resolved.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.