Roon stuttering with Tidal

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

linux ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
Proliant server with 12 gb internal memory
Roon version 1.6 (build 416) stable (64 bit)
Roon is the only real application the server is running

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ethernet connected fritzbox 7490 core and audio device all ethernet cable connected
Connection to provider fiberglass 100 MB.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

MacBook Pro with dragonfly black to NAD receiver
Description Of Issue

Every time I play Tidal songs I takes one or 2 minutes and the music starts stuttering. When I play music from my own library on the server no problem.
Playing direct from tidal no problem

Hi @goosse,

So we can better assist you, please verify the following:

• Does this occur for all endpoints? If you connect the Dragonfly directly to the Core machine does the same issue occur?
  • How is the MacBook Pro connected to the network?
  • Can you share a screenshot of the signal path when playing to this device?

I only have one endpoint and connecting the dragonfly to the core machine is not an option. The core machine is to far away from the receiver (2 floors difference)

The MacBook Pro is a stated above connect by ethernet cable

Hi @goosse,

If you just play to System Output of the MacBook Pro, leaving the Dragonfly out of the equation, does the same behavior occur?

Yesterday I’ve plaid the music without the Dragonfly and their was no issue but I played several hours with the dragonfly and with the dragonfly their was also no issue.

Hi @goosse,

Just to confirm here, you’re now not seeing this issue with System Output or the Dragonfly, correct? Things are working as expected now?

They were working correct at this moment the music is not working properly again. It stutters and listening is not an option. After days being gone the issue is back…
Nothing changed and the system is running properly and up to date

But as soon as I switch to a cd from my own collection the problem is gone. The cd before was a Tidal playing…

Hi @goosse,

If you play that album again, do you experience the same issue? Or does it play fine when returning to it?

The next time you’re experiencing this with the Dragonfly, if you switch to System Output, does the same behavior occur at that time?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.