Salkstream III: DriveNotReady errors [resolved]

I’ll do my best (computers are not my forte).

The Roon core is installed on my music streamer; Salksream III, which has an internal 2Tb hard drive which contains Roon Core as well as all my music files (about 5000 songs). The Salkstream III runs some version of Linux. The Salkstream III is connected to my home network router via an Ethernet cable.

My iPad mini 2 and iPhone 6s have the latest iOS software (10.2) and the latest Roon control software:

[Image removed at user’s request]

They connect to my home network via wifi.

My Windows desktop (Windows 10 64 bit) computer also has the latest Roon Control build (168). It is connected to my home network router via ethernet cable. BTW, I rarely use the desktop computer. 99% of the time it’s just powered off. I most always use my iPad or iPhone for control. Since the error message shows up on all 3 controllers, it seems something is going on in the Roon Core.

As I was typing this message it happened again. I opened Roon on my iPhone to play something and I got the expected Lost Connection error (it usually reconnects quickly), but it kept saying trying to connect before finally giving the message “this album was not found”. If I try to pull up any music it says it can’t find anything in my library. Connecting/reconnecting to the core when I start/pull up the app seems to be what triggers the issue.

Arrrg!!!