Macbook pro

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear 6300

Connected Audio Devices

Devialet 440 pro

Number of Tracks in Library

1254 albums

Description of Issue

Roon suddenly skips all my FLAC and MP3 files(most of them are downloads), it only shows ALAC files and dsd. There is nothing in the skipped files section.
I tried with Audirvana, this recognizes all my files.

Hi @Ralph_de_Bolster

I’m sorry you’re having issues with your file formatting. Unfortunately, I have to be the bearer of bad news. After enabling diagnostics on your account I’ve detected the presence of Deadbolt ransomware. Our logging (amongst other files I’m sure) has been renamed to *.txt.deadbolt.

While I’m not an expert on the subject, I did find this article to be relevant and hopefully helpful to you.

Edit: The link will not work for some reason. Google " What should I do if I found the NAS encrypted by Deadbolt" and the first result should be the page in question.

Best wishes,
Wes

Hi Wes,

Thanks for your answer, you are right. My NAS has been infected. I have removed the malware according to Qnap s information. But the files are still renamed. I think i will have to remove all the files and restore them from my old NAS . Or maybe I can wait until Qnap offers a solution for this problem, obviously I will not pay the ransom to get my files back.

Regards,

Ralph

Hi @Ralph_de_Bolster,

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you get things remedied and get back to enjoying the music as soon as possible.

Wes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.