MacBook Air 256 MB RAM.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

SKY ethernet.

Connected Audio Devices

JBL SA 750.

Number of Tracks in Library

No tracks.

Description of Issue

Roon suddenly loses the control audio and stop the music.

You need to give more details on the network…LAN/Wifi etc and the MBA etc. what are you streaming from, to etc. bitrates too

the Mac is on wifi and the router is by lan the amplifier Roon Ready JBL Sa 750 , and I listen Qobuz 24 192hz maximum

I don’t know other specs , only that if I run the APP music life of Harman Kardon no issue

thanks

Roon specifically recommends not to use a CORE on wifi…so I suggest you try with a LAN connection and see if that improves things.

For all networks

No matter what your network setup is like, there are important factors to keep in mind to ensure you are getting the best out of your Roon experience:

Your Roon Core should always have a wired connection

Hi @Antonio_Conte. Thank you for your report.

We would like to know when it started to appear this issue?
Is it possible to play track from Core (MacBook)?
Does this happen on local files or streaming? (Qobuz or Tidal)

Hi Artashes , unfortunately during the streaming of Qobuz or Tidal I have no local files I use only stream , I tried also to cable the Mac but it’s the same , sometimes Roon stop the music, if I go trough the application of Harman Kardon named MusicLife all is fine to works …
thanks for helping

Thank you.

Please can you provide with logs when Roon stops the music? For this you will need to follow these instructions - https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/logs#RAATServer

1. Open Finder and click Go in the top bar
  2. Hold down the Option key (or Alt)(⌥) to unhide the Library folder
  3. Click the Library folder
  4. Find and open the Roon or RoonServer folder
  5. Send us any by way you find convenient (dropbox, google drive, etc…)

ok I’ll try

here you can find something

let me know

Thanks @Antonio_Conte - it was helpful.

Two additional steps and questions.

1. When playback stops, this endpoint is visible in Roon and it’s possible to restart playback by just clicking on Play button or some other actions are needed?
  2. Try to connect to your JBL SA 750 via another ethernet cable. If you will not be able to do so, could you please try streaming in Core on LAN, endpoint on WiFi setup?

First question yes , my JBL is always visible , I have only to push button play on the Mac and works again

second I have to try to connect with another cable my jbl , second I tried to put on lan the core but it’s always the same , suddenly music stop
thanks

I’m trying to address a similar problem in another thread. It seems that efforts were made to adjust how Roon adjusts to delays in Tidal/Qobuz data delivery in this latest update but my problem still exists.

However it only affects my Rock core, if I use a Mac pro as a core it works fine. If you have another machine you can run as a core I would try that, you might get up and running while Roon work on this problem.

I’ve linked to my thread in case there are details you find useful.

Andy The matter is very easy , I stream by Musiclife the APP of Harman Kardon I stream Qobuz and tidal , no problem , I open roon no way to listen one song
I think that the problem Is roon unfortunately

Roon Ready uses RAAT to transport the audio and this is far more demanding than normal apps use especially with Wifi connected cores. Ethernet is really a MUST here. Also you have still not detailed your network settings like DNS etc - rhis can also matter in such instances.

what else is happening on the MBA? Timemachine updates / backups to cloud or icloud data sync? all these will eat up what bandwidth is being used to stream roon.

I’m making it my business to argue about this ‘it’s your network’ mentality that pervades this place. I went over my network with a fine tooth comb trying to fix the problem I have with Tidal/Qobuz playback with no effect and on the exact same network a different core runs fine.

Now both of my cores are connected by ethernet but the problem seems to be somewhere other than the network at the moment, based on the extensive testing I’ve carried out.

The amounts of data that Roon is processing are not that large either. I completely agree wired networks are preferable but it seems this problem may run a little deeper.

@Antonio_Conte are we getting it right that when you try to play tracks trough Musiclife to your JBL Sa 750 everything works as expected?
Also did you have a chance to try with another cable?

yes with Musiclife all is fine , I try another cable from the net to JBL , yesterday evening it’s seems was ok , today is just two time that the music stop , and I have to push play
thanks for helping

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.