Roon suddenly lost track of all my music

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
The Core is running on a Windows Home Server 2011 (Windows Server 2008 R2).
Roon Version 1.7 (build 511)stable(64bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear GS108Tv2 switch.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Linn Akurate DSM, Sonos devices, iPads, iPhones, Windows 10 PC/Steinberg UR22 mkII.

Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)
My music is in two folders on the WHS and one folder on a QNAP TS421 (all connected to the Netgear with UTP).

Describe the problem
This night Roon lost all track of my music:
Before (a few days ago):

Today:

The last picture shows that Roon is monitoring all my folders, that really still contain all my music, but it doesn’t “finds” any music.

There are 6 log-files of this morning with size of about 8.200 kB. Filled with messages like:
01/26 08:25:43 Trace: [music/storage] ignoring add for file 67:0:Tedeschi Trucks Band/Revelator/03-Midnight in Harlem.flac from \ that is already in the library
and:
01/26 08:45:56 Debug: [music/storage] processing simple delete for 67:0:Williams, Ralph Vaughan/Orchestral Works/05 - Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis.flac from
01/26 08:45:56 Debug: [music/storage] LibraryTrack[9165874, - Vaughan Williams: Orchestral Works - Fantasia on a Theme of Thomas Tallis IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]

It looks like Roon(server) deleted my music all by itself.

Roon server is running ok on the Windows Home Server. No messages in the WHS log. Nothing changed compared to previous nights. The only way to get my music back is shutting down and restarting the WHS, but then Roon(server) starts to re-index the whole library and that takes a while.

After restarting the WHS:

Hi @Ron_Westdijk1,

Can you please upload these logs to Dropbox / Google Drive and private message me a link? I’d like to take a look.

If you re-enable the Music folder and drop a few files there, do those remain stable and working as expected?

I will upload the logs to you, but the issue is less important for me now. I decided to go the Rock way, so today I moved the library to a new Intel NUC, that is now operating very well and a lot quicker than the WIndows Home Server solution. Most likely (and the main reason I moved to the NUC) because on the WHS the library was on a hard-disk and now it runs on a SSD and dedicated hardware. The Library and the music files are now completely separated. So I cannot use the core on the WHS anymore.
Regarding the WHS issue: after the restart, Roon finished the about 50.000 tracks add-process and everything worked again as normal.

Hi @Ron_Westdijk1,

Using an SSD is definitely recommended, so glad to hear you took this step.

It sounds like the ROCK setup is working as expected, and if you wish to remain on ROCK, we can close this thread. Just let me know if this is what you wish.

Since I don’t think there are many Roon on Windows Home Server users, I agree that you can close this thread.

1 Like

I’m amazed there are still WHS users, period. Unsupported since 2013.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.