Roon Core Machine

Mac Studio M1 Max
MacOS Ventura 13 Beta (22A5311f)
32GB Ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon crashes or locks up under the latest MacOS Ventura Beta. I appreciate the Beta software may not be supported but I thought worth advising that it is not working as expected. As far as I am aware there are no changes to the functionality of MacOS Ventura which should prevent Roon from loading.

Regards

Keith

2 Likes

Roon server or just roon install?

Just a Roon install, been working well until installing beta.

What version is roon ? Have you tried a reinstall and by that I mean removing or renaming the ~/Library/Roon folder as well as the app itself?

I just tried it agin, last time I tried was yesterday evening and it seems to be working now. I’ll continue to monitor it.

Version is 1021.

Regards

I am running Roon version 1.8 (build 1021) stable on MacOS 13.0 Ventura Public Beta 4 (22A5331f).

From the Settings>Audio page, I can no longer choose my MacBook Pro Speakers or any externally connected sound interface (i.e. Scarlett 4i4 USB, Dell monitor, etc…). I can only see and choose network devices - i.e. Airplay, Chromecast streaming, etc…

Everything was working fine in the previous MacOS 13.0 Ventura Public Beta 3 (22A5321d). I have tried a complete MacBook and Roon ROCK server reboot. Still no builtin sound sources are available to play music on.

Find Roon OS does not work now and gets stuck on: Searching for Roon OS Core…

Please help!

Thanks!

Assuming you have made a recent backup of Roon, you should be able to download and (re)install the latest version of Roon.
[Roon works fine here with Ventura public beta but with Roon Core on Mac]

Check the firewall? You may need to allow Roon network access.

It’s working fine for me

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.