Roon SW Crashes - Moon 230HAD

Roon Core Machine

Nuc 8th gen i5 16GB running Linux 1.8 (build 884)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet via ASUS router

Connected Audio Devices

Moon 230HAD via USB to MacBook Pro running 11.6.2 OS
dCS Vivaldi upsampler via wired network

Number of Tracks in Library

60000 tracks

Description of Issue

Have been using my Moon 230HAD as an endpoint via USB (working for over a year). Today experienced an issue with the Roon SW (MacOS 1.8 (build 884) crashing (no reports, SW just closes) when selecting the Moon 230HAD as an endpoint. Can select a different network endpoint and the Roon SW functions correctly and will play music.

Using same setup (Macbook, USB cable, Moon230HAD) above with Tidal (webplayer) and music playback is fine.

Have also tried removing the ROON software and re-installing on the Macbook, and issue persists. The ROON and RAATserver folders within the MacOS library folder were also renamed before installing the ROON SW again.

I would appreciate some response from support on what potential next steps to take.

Is the Moon firmware the latest version available?

I checked the Moon website, and no firmware is posted for the 230HAD. Setup was working fine up until 2 days ago, and the issue seems Isolated to the Roon SW on the Macbook as tested with another laptop (windows 10 based) and Roon works with the Moon 230HAD fine. Tidal and Qobuz SW applications on the Macbook also work just fine with the 230HAD.

Is there any customer support?

Hey @James_Stegen we’re so sorry that it took us so long to respond to your concern, I really appreciate your patience and for following up!

Since this issue is only occurring on the Mac and you cannot reproduce it on the Windows device, we’d like to take a look at the logs to determine next steps.

Can you please reproduce the issue, note the date and time that this occurs, and use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader?

Thanks so much!

Release 1.8 build 904 addressed the issue.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that the update helped solve the crashing issue. :partying_face:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.