ROON - tags and identified songs

Where can I see what songs Roon has managed to identify and what songs are not yet identified? I did find something before the latest update… But it might be just me.
And how can I help Roon identify music?

I love the idea of Roon, and have so far had much more fun with my music than before, as the “radio” shows me connections I never would have thought of.
But Roon also seems to have a real fondness for The Smiths and Talking Heads. Not that I mind, but it does seem the same song has been playing at least once a day no matter what music I start out with (and no offense, but when I play Melody Gardot, I do not expect to find Talking Heads somewhere in there…)
And the Psycedelic Furs is also a very popular, for some reason.

It does seem to me that Roon is missing some (most) of my tracks, thus making the program unable to play them, so… I want to help:)

Album Browser --> Focus --> Inspector -> Identified.
For unidentified; click the ‘identified’ tag, to invert the selection.

There’s some tip in the FAQ section that are worth a read.

I agree about the Radio feature; IMO it’s way too selective when throwing out its catch net and has a tendency to loop around a limited number of artists based on the seed selection. The Roon developers are aware, but I think is somewhat down the priority list presently.

Thanks for the quick response.
Worked like a charm.
At least now I know what albums are not identified (8000 identified and 3000 not identified… not too bad, but still)

Was there some other way of seeing this before the latest update, or am I just not remembering what the world was like some three weeks ago?

[quote=“jengeno, post:3, topic:5285”]
Was there some other way of seeing this before the latest update, or am I just not remembering what the world was like some three weeks ago?
[/quote]I’m afraid it’s the later :wink: that focus option has been there since launch.

Mind there’s many, many, Roon features to be discovered, so easy to overlook something.

1 Like