Roon takes time to "wake up" [Investigating]

One workaround is to setup a second desktop in which you run Roon full screen and just switch back to it when you need to control Roon.

I will try that…

Here is some interesting observation… I’ve taken the advice of setting up a second desktop and have it running now in full-screen mode on the second desktop (Same computer)… It hasn’t frozen once… Whenever I switch to that second desktop I can instantly interact with Roon, it does not hesitate or freeze for the 10-odd seconds before reacting to my clicks…

1 Like

It also resolves the crashing when waking from being minimized errors as well. Given that switching between desktops can be done via a quick keyboard shortcuts, I’m surprised more people have not used it as a workaround until support can quash the bug.

Hi @thijazi,

Thank you for reporting the issue and thank you again for your patience in awaiting a response.

We have released a fix for this problem in the last 5 days and I’d like to know if you have a) updated or b) experienced any issues. Can you try controlling Roon normally and see if you can duplicate the issue?

Thanks,
Wes

I just came back from a week of travelling, when I started Roon it immediately applied the latest updates so I will be monitoring this for a while and report back, but so far today I haven’t seen the hanging behavior… fingers crossed.

1 Like

Please let us know if it does come back. This fix that we implemented was targeted directly at your issue.

Enjoy the music!
Wes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Roon hangs from minimized window - Windows 10

So far everything works fine, I think this last update fixed the issue. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Wes,

Sadly, the issue resurfaced, it was working well for a few days and then again, I started seeing the same behavior… Nothing else changed on my PC.

Regards,
Tareq

Hi Tareq and thank you for getting in touch. My only regret is that the fix was temporary!

I will be at my desk until at least 23:00 hours GMT. Please duplicate the issue for me and note the date/time/track played so I can look at logging. I’m just poking around with diagnostics and not finding anything obvious so I am hoping this will help.

Thanks,
Wes

Ok, I will start sharing the time-stamps of these hangs and sharing with you on this thread.

The hanging behavior just happened now (at 17:59 GMT+4).

Hi @thijazi,

Thank you for that. I’ve grabbed some logging and will need to get your information out to our devs.

Can you answer a couple of questions for me though?

What is the video card in the PC you are using? Is there more than one? Are you using any additional monitors? What resolution are you set to?

Thanks,
Wes

Hi there, using a Lenovo Yoga X1 Carbon (Gen 4.0) machine, running Windows 11… And yes, it is connected to a Samsung 27" screen (only secondary screen is displayed, the laptop screen is turned off).

The laptop is running an Intel Graphics UHD 620 integrated graphic card. Resolution is set at 2560x1440

Hi @thijazi,

Thank you for the additional information.

We have an open ticket to address this issue. It’s not affecting many but it’s certainly a pain for those that have it.

I am curious though. Is there any change in the situation when using the primary laptop screen with no external display?

Wes

I will try that, I also tested the earlier suggestion to run Roon in its own desktop on the main machine (a Windows feature)… When I do so, the issue never appears…

The problem is not severe, it is just peculiar that’s it… It does not hinder much from the Roon experience…

I tested this; the same behavior happens when I am only using the laptop monitor… PS. happened again today at 12:48 (GMT +4)

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.