Roon Tested but not recognized Nagra HD DAC

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Nagra HD DAC connected through USB from either Auralic Aries G1, Allo USBridge, SOtM sMS-200 or assorted SBCs, all of them running DietPi of the latest incarnation.

Description Of Issue
The Roon newsletter recently reported on the “Roon Tested” classification of Nagra DACs, among other products. But this is not happening in my scenario.

I wouldn’t have asked if i had found the line art and logo when manually selecting the end device, but there’s no Nagra logo there, yet?

Is this scheduled for a later relase @support ?

And as a side question, are there any plans to add the “Moon HD USB Audio” module present in lots of Moon Products, such as my Moon 430 HAD? Or is that question better directed at Simaudio?

If I’m not mistaken, only Roon Ready devices have line art.

Thx Bart, i don’t think that’s correct.

Roon Tested devices can be pure DAC’s such as the Nagra DACs and Chords Mojo/Hugo/Hugo TT.
For a device to be Roon Ready it needs to understand RAAT I think?

Anyways, like by magic, all of a sudden the Nagra shows up! :slight_smile:

I searched the other day and then nothing was found, but now it works!

However, I still need to tell Roon that it can talk DoP up to DSD128???
(default was convert to PCM)

And as I usually use my Aries G1 I thought that it would “passthrough” the information on the connected DAC, like the SOtM sMS-200 does.
The first screenshot is from a Raspberry Pi 3B+ whereas the second one is when the Nagra is connected via USB to the Aries G1

Nevermind, now this works too? WTF?
(I manually searched for the Nagra, found and selected it…)

Somebody is messing with me! :smiley:

Clearly I was mistaken :slight_smile:

Hi @Mikael_Ollars,

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue by manually identifying the DAC, I am not sure why it took a bit to show up but glad it’s there.

As for your Moon question, that would be better directed towards the manufacturer but if you don’t hear back from them I might be able to ping our hardware team to see if they can check, just let me know.

– Noris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.