Roon Core Machine

Intel Xeon E3 v3 with 32 GB RAM, Raid1 SSD plus HDD raid array for storage

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ubiquiti Unifi, Ethernet and WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

NAD C368 with Bluesound MDC module, Raspberry Pi with DAC hat and Ropieee

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I’m a new user of Roon (just after my trial version), and I like it a lot so far. I don’t see technical issues, my hardware is supported as it should be, but I see a major issue for me, but I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one running into this.
So both my wife and I have a Tidal subscription (Family accounts). While on the go, or when not around one of our speakers, we both stream music with Tidal with our individual accounts. My account is the main one, and the one I added to Roon.
However, when I listen on the go in the Tidal app, playback with Roon is stopped, and vice versa. The number of streams via Roon seems to not matter (we tried two simultaneous, which is all we really need).

So my question is, how would you ideally solve this? For me this right now feels a bit like a dealbreaker. While it may not matter too much for my wife, I need my preferences and new artists synced to my Tidal account, otherwise I have to maintain two Libraries, and this sort of kills the benefits of Roon for me. I would not like to have a seperate Tidal account for Roon, as I would have to manually maintain my Tidal library myself.

I would really prefer my wife and I to both be able to use our individual Tidal accounts together with Roon. Otherwise, I might be better off just selling all Speakers and switch to Bluesound entirely? Or will there be Roon streaming to my mobile phone some day soon? Otherwise, if Roon cannot be the one-stop thing for everything digital music, I think it is too expensive…

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Hey @Michael_Moese,

Thank you so much for giving Roon a try, reaching out on community and for your patience while we’re catching up after the holiday :pray:

I appreciate you taking the time to explain how you intended to use Roon. As much as it pains me to say, family accounts are not supported in Roon at this time. This is a feature suggestion that is discussed on the thread below, alongside some workarounds:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.