Roon TIDAL Login issues

Good morning. I have a new technical issue about Roon working with my Tidal account. I’ve been a Roon member for four months. I’ve been a Tidal member for nine months. Until yesterday, my Roon and Tidal accounts worked together seamlessly. Yesterday afternoon I started getting Roon messages about “too many errors” when I selected a Tidal offering in Roon. Roon would not play my selection. If I played it in Tidal, it worked fine. Here’s what I’ve tried:

1. Checked and confirmed my Tidal and Roon accounts’ status and payment information. Both are active and in good standing.
  2. Re-entered my payment information in both accounts. Both accounts accepted my updated payment information. Both are active, and in good standing.
  3. Logged into Tidal alone. I’m logged in.
  4. Logged into Roon alone. I’m logged in.
  5. Uninstalled Tidal.
  6. Re-installed Tidal.
  7. Uninstalled Roon.
  8. Re-installed Roon.
  9. Successfully logged into Tidal.
  10. Succesfully logged into Roon.
  11. Tried again to get Roon to recognize my Tidal account. At Roon’s page, I got the message: “There was an error authorizing with Tidal: Missing Method. Please try again.”
  12. Repeated steps 1 through 10.
  13. Repeated step 11. At Roon’s page, I got the message: “There was an error authorizing with Tidal: Missing Method. Please try again.”
  14. My Roon Core in on an iMac. The iMac is running the latest Mac OS.
  15. My Roon Core and all of my Roon endpoints are on the same wifi network. Each is powered on and operating fine.
  16. I restored my Roon library from a May 23 stable backup. Roon says my backup was successful. I cannot access anything from my Tidal library. I repeated steps 1 through 16. No success.

Any ideas about how to solve this problem?

Hi @Tim_Mara,

This error only occurs when your Roon is out of date. I would suggest updating to the newest build and make sure that you’re on build 537 in Roon Settings -> About.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.