Roon/TIDAL Slows to a Crawl

At 8:15am 12/26 CST, TIDAL retrieval of albums slowed to a crawl: 45 - 60 seconds on average.

The same albums retrieved thru TIDAL app worked normally (quickly).

FYI

1 Like

Hey @John_V,

Thanks for the report, just wanted to confirm with you here, since the report has the speed of TIDAL searching reverted back to normal or are you still experiencing this issue? Do you have Google DNS or Cloudflare DNS configured in your Router? We have seen that change help in the past with TIDAL slowness. Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Noris

sry slow. Yes it is normal now. Yes I use Google DNS. thx.

1 Like

Slowness observed on album retrieval, album IDing, and play start.

Must be all the audiophiles playing with their new toys.

No internet fatigue noticed elsewhere; speed 200mBps

Hey @John_V,

I have moved your post back into this thread for tracking, the timestamp provided in the title was 10:40 CST.

Is the slowness still happening or has it gone away? I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

I will get a case started for you with QA but if this occurs again do let me know.

Thanks,
Noris

If there is a pattern, I’d say it is the mid-morning timing.

BTW, I don’t intend to do anything with these notices except provide Roon with a data point. The vast majority of the time, Roon is working well. Even when slow, its behavior is endurable. In no way is this a complaint; just a heads-up.

Thx.

1 Like