Roon to NAD C399 from Tidal - Not Playing Certain Tracks

Roon Core Machine

Roon 2.0 Build 1311
Running on Unraid
Core i3 8019u
8GiB DDR

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Core is on Ethernet, client is on WiFi. Nest WiFi, no issues playing most content. No VPN.

NAD C399 is receiver, iOS app controller

Number of Tracks in Library

30,000 tracks + 2,000 or so in Tidal

Description of Issue

Certain Tidal tracks don’t play through Roon, but will happily play from Tidal Connect.

I’m not clear if it’s MQA or Flac, it’s quite unpredictable as to which ones won’t play.

The receiver displays the wrong track information, not corresponding to what was sent.

It may be MQA 44.1khz, unclear.

This significantly impacts my ability to use and appreciate Roon, would love to find a way to fix it.

![IMG_0171|666x500](upload://8CDjCCw15OeAwjIHd7ZW9zmXA0D.jpeg)
1 Like

Having the same issue here. Hope someone from Room take a look.

Hey @BKE,

Ben with the support team here, could you please reproduce the issue and share the specific date, time, and track attempted to play?

With that, I’d also take a look at the Core DNS settings, and potentially test out updating to Google (8.8.8.8) or Cloudflare (1.1.1.1) as well as review any potential throttling of bandwidth to the core device. That would be in your router settings. I’d also double-check if any network prioritization is occurring on other devices.

Lastly, see if you’re able to edit local devices and their bandwidth channel (you’ll likely have a 2.4 GHz band and a 5 GHz band) and test out if you’re able to reproduce the issue when you have only your remote and core device on a specific band.

Let me know if the above makes sense and if you’re able to run through these troubleshooting steps. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.