Roon to Sonos Connect losing connection / Firewall related

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows Server 2016 Standard
Latest Roon version

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Connected by LAN

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sonos Amp connected by LAN (latest firmware)

Description Of Issue

I’m using Roon to stream music via Sonos Connect to my Sonos Amp. I’m not using any WiFi connections, everything is connected by cables.
I have set up Windows Firewall to accept the following ports and applications:
TCP 9100-9200
UDP 9003
RoonServer.exe
RoonAppliance.exe
RAATServer.exe

However, everytime I play a music file it stops after 30 seconds.
If I output the sound on my computer, it is working fine
If I disable the firewall completely, then it is working fine.
Therefore, there must be some port settings I’m missing.

What ports do I need to allow for Roon to work with Sonos Connect?

Thank you!

Hello @rtcm ,

Welcome to the forum! Roon uses randomized port numbers on startup, so we suggest adding an “application level” firewall exception for Roon.

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.